Monday, August 26, 2013

Darksiders Review

Genre: Action adventure, Hack and slash
 THQ, 2010

Trailer



I know it's not the newest game, but I accidentaly instaled it so I gave it a shot. Everywhere I saw high scores, and good opinions about it. Although I can't see why it is such a big deal. I played for a couple of hours, but I got bored at the beginning, I only continued to play only because of the scores, and in the trailer it seemed more fun.

 Bad:
- boring, repetitive gameplay and puzzles
- swimming (I usually enjoy it in games but here it'sjust boring)

Good:
- story
- graphics

The Graphics
The graphics are pretty good, nothing special, but still a little cartoony twist they are one of the reasons why I continued to play at the beginning. The enemies and environment look great.



The gameplay
The gameplay is too boring. It is like a bad Devil May Cry clone, without the cool stuff. You only go and slash. I know that what hack-and-slash means, but hey there is for ex. DmC and that is waaaaay far from boring. There are no special combos or big moves except that you can activate that mode, but that gets boring. You get new gear, but that doesn't compensate for the dullnes of the fights.

The story
The story is very good, in a post-apocalyptic world you have the Knights of th Apocalypse, being War. Someone wants to scam him that he started the war. Interesting storyline, with a better gameplay it could have been one of the best games of 2010 for me as well.


Final Verdict
All in all if it wasn't for the graphics and story I don't think it would made such good scores.

Final Score
5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment